Who owns this property?
- The coFood Collaborative Garden is made up of two privately owned lots.
- The garden is not City of Vancouver property.
Who manages the garden?
- The garden is managed by coFood Vancouver and several volunteers.
- coFood Vancouver is a project of Living Systems Network (LSN), a Member Funded Society.
Who pays the costs?
- The costs are paid through donations to the LSN Society by its members.
- Costs include: Property taxes, garden equipment and tools, soil, seeds, and plants.
- We also accept donations towards the maintenance of the garden by PayPal.
Can anyone visit the garden?
- Anyone is welcome to spend time in the garden, as long as posted guidelines are respected.
- Please read the signs at garden entrances, with our posted guidelines.
- Children, and youth under 15, must be supervised by an adult.
When is the garden open?
- The garden is open any time when not reserved by coFood for work parties or closed events.
- Please see signs posted for times, which may change.
- Quiet hours are between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. but loud activities that disturb others are not acceptable at any time.
When is it closed?
- The garden is closed when the yellow caution tape is up at the entrances.
- At these times coFood reserves the garden for its activities, (e.g. work parties and closed events).
What activities are encouraged?
- We encourage quiet activities like reading, working, conversations with one or two friends.
- Events with fewer than 10 people may be permitted with prior approval
- All activities should respect current COVID Guidelines (posted on garden signage)
What activities are discouraged?
- Noisy activities that disrupt others’ quiet enjoyment of the garden
- Harvesting food crops or flowers without permission.
- Pets off-leash, and pets doing their business in and around the garden. Pet waste isn’t compost, and can be toxic to plants and people.
- Spending time in the garden alone after dark
- See signs posted for more details
Is it possible to book the garden for an event?
- We accept requests for exclusive use of the garden for private events
- Requests can be made well in advance, by email to email@example.com
How can I contribute to help maintain the space?
- Donations are accepted by PayPal.
- Volunteers for garden work are accepted as needed, based on current COVID guidelines.
- Join the coFood Collaborative Garden Project group on Facebook for more information!